Thursday, October 15, 2009

A loss for words

I would like to write about Christ’s work on the cross, or more specifically his sacrifice of dying, what he went through, and all of his glory in sacrifice. But I cannot, because I do not have enough talent or skill in God’s gift of words to even attempt this endeavor. I do not even know where to begin to try and give God in Christ glory by speaking about his sacrificial death, I am overwhelmed at the mere thought of it. What I will say is this, human words cannot describe the pain of Christ on the cross, nor can they describe the gifts he gave by dying, nor can they describe the glory he received for his obedience. As I worship in Spirit and truth may the Spirit speak on my behalf and give God in Christ the glory in all the ways that I cannot.

Father, I thank you and praise you for your plan to redeem your children. Jesus, I thank you also for your obedience to the Father and for your willingness to die. As I ponder the redemptive work of the cross and all it contains I am overwhelmed, I am speechless before your glory. May I always praise you, even in my lack of words. Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Home | About | Link | Link
Simple Proff Blogger Template Created By Herro | Inspiring By Busy Bee Woo Themes